Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekly Happenings!

So.... maybe I'll start a trend of posting things that happened to me during the week?

I saw a huge red spider crawling on the bathroom wall Tuesday morning as I went to go turn on the shower water. What did I do? Moved anything (ie towels) that it could crawl into/under. But I didn't kill it. Mostly because there was no shoe to smash it. But then last night (Saturday night), I was having a hard time sleeping and so I turned on my lamp to pull up my covers and read a book. As I went to pull up the covers that had falled off the end of my bed, what do I see? A huge red spider. Ewwwwww. Luckily, I had a black shoe within reach and killed the sucker. Dad said it probably was the bathroom spiders brother.

I have experienced the joy of lavendar essential oil. It makes me fall asleep quicker and helps me get that more deep sleep that I feel like I so often miss.

I ran for 18 minutes straight on Monday. 15 minutes at a 5.0 mph and 3 minutes at 6.0 mph. I'm not a runner. I never did enjoy running. Go me. I credit this increase due to the two weeks I did of Insanity. That program starts back up next Monday! I gotta get mentally ready for that torture.

I bought a GPS. In California, there are a lot more freeways than Utah has. And the roads in California aren't on a grid system like Utah. So I watched for deals in the Sunday ads and looked up reviews of the GPS systems that were on sale this week. Friday I took the plunge at Best Buy. I purchased a Garmin nuvi 255w. I used it Friday evening for a trip to Lindon (cause we all know how confusing Lindon is). It was great! And I love that you can choose from over 25 "accents" for your directions to be spoken in.

I now have 33 days before I move. There is still a lot I want to do before I go! But the countdown is on! I'm excited!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is "handsome foreign man" one of the accents to choose from?

-sandy