Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lesson #79 - Debit card should always be returned to the wallet.

Have you ever experienced not being able to pay at a restaurant?
I have. Today. Took my wallet with me - no purse.
No cash. No debit card. No credit card.
Friend has no money/card either.
Dang it.
Embarrassing. Awkward.
I told them I was going to run down the street to a Wells Fargo to withdraw some cash since it was during business hours on a Saturday.
They wanted me to leave collateral so they know I'm coming back.
What? You want my library card? I'm not leaving my phone.
See? I am an honest person. I came back and left a hefty tip.
Lesson learned. Debit card always goes right back into the wallet - not thrown into my purse.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I can't relate. This has never happened to me.

Ha ha ha.