Friday, November 4, 2011

A Place I Once Called Home

As it is raining outside, the temperatures are dropping, and the snow will soon start falling, I find myself remincising about my short 10 months in California. It seemed like 10 years to me. But after you take the bad out (my job, the expensive of living there), I loved my time in California. I met so many wonderful people who changed my life for the better in so many different way. I got to be around my sister and her family a lot, creating memories that will last forever. There were many struggles but the good times far outweigh the bad. I thought I would share a few pictures....


Muir Wood National Monument - absolutely beautiful


Winchester Mystery House - not spooky, just very interesting

Just some of the wonderful friends I made
(and to think... at a point, I thought I would never make friends)



Shinehah and I - just bein' our gansta selfs (in Angela's apartment)


This picture really shows off my studio apartment. I took the picture reflecting off a full length mirror on the door of my closet. This was New Years Eve and I was getting ready to go out. I LOVED this apartment.


Thanksgiving dinner. What a change to have it be so small. But a nice change.


My werewolf cupcake. We made these for a RS activity in October.


These kids have my heart


Especially this one


Often time I wonder what would have happened if I stayed longer, if I had accepted the other job at Union Bank, if I had accepted the interview with the PAC-12, if I hadn't flirted with Matt Wiley in front of Brett West that one night... What would have happened if I didn't choose to move to California? I wouldn't have gotten to experience so many life lessons as I did. I wouldn't have met so many great people. I would not have gotten to build the wonderful relationship I did with Mindy and Chris. I wouldn't have struggled so much with my testimony and faith but would have missed out on one of the biggest growing points of my life so far.



No comments: