Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Man, The Myth, The Legend

A man who needs no introduction..... Jerry Sloan


My dream finally came true of meeting this great coach! After going to so many Jazz games over the past seven years, I sat four rows up from Jerry and with a little prodding from my friend of getting over my anxiety of talking to him, I approached him. He was super cool about me approaching him, shaking his hand and asking for a picture. During half time, he had about 8 different people come up and talk to him, asking for pictures. He must get this at every game but never seemed annoyed. PS - look at how big his hands are compared to mine. Baby hands vs giant hands.

Here are some awesome facts about this great man:

5th coach in NBA history to reach 1,000 wins with one club
Coached one team longer than any other NBA coach
Coached the Jazz to 15 consecutive playoff appearances (1989 - 2003)
Fourth overall pick in the 1965 NBA draft by the Baltimore Bullets
Named in the NBA All-Defensive Team four time (NBA All-Star games)



 




No comments: