Thursday, September 22, 2011

No Sugar October

My pants have been telling me that I've been eating too much. It's time for my pants to start telling me something different - like, you need to buy a smaller size!

No Sugar October is a 31 day challenge to eliminate sugar from my life - cake, candy, cookies, white bread, doughnuts, ice cream. I recently discovered the joy of greek yogurt and was shocked to see the delicious black cherry Chobani I was eating had 19 grams of sugar. EEK! Bye bye delicious yogurt.

I will only be eating foods with 7 grams of sugar or less per serving. This means I have to look at my daily morning oatmeal, popcorn, cereal, etc.

Now, I do realize that this is during Halloween season - where candy and treats are in abundance. But tell me, what month is a good month to go off sugar? November? Thanksgiving. December? Where do I begin.... January? All that hot chocolate from Starbucks to keep warm! So October it is.

I have conquered a week of no-sugar, hopefully a month will be a go and it can help me to start eating healthier for life.

No comments: