Thursday, September 29, 2011

Project: Re-do

One of my goals is to makeover a piece of furniture. I saw this as a big task, something I wasn't sure I would be able to do. I did go to DI once or twice, looking for small pieces, such as a nightstand or end table, to make over. The smell of DI gives me a funny, not-so-good feeling so I never lingered long. Then one day my co-worker, Debi, told me she had some old barstools she was going to get rid of and asked if I wanted them. I have a small bar in my apartment and she has been there before, so she instantly thought of me. I gladly accepted! I went through 1 1/8 can of black gloss spray paint, one sheet of sandpaper, time spent cleaning up my parents garage floor from the excess in spray and the help of one awesome mom. It was pretty darn simple and I think they turned out great! Here are the results:



























































2 comments:

Udygirl said...

Nice work! Those look awesome. :) I will have to come see in person.

SandyPants said...

spray paint rocks