Monday, September 20, 2010

Weeeeeek 1

So, would you like to know how week 1 of my weight loss challenge is going? Of course you do!

I did good on drinking my water. I did good on drinking no soda (I miss you DC). I did good on my fruits. I did good on my no eating after 9 pm.

I did ok my exercise. I did ok on seriously limiting my sugar intake (a cookie a day).

I didn't do so well on my vegetables.

I wasn't able to join the gym last week and maybe might be able to do it next week. I spent more than I thought on paying down some credit cards (three of my four cards will be paid off next month!!). So instead I ran along the trail by Mindy's house. I ran Tuesday. I didn't run Wednesday - too tired and then visiting teaching got in the way of the good daylight hours. Thursday I didn't run - was invited to a social gathering of new friends. I did run Friday! And Saturday! WOO HOO!

I finally bought a scale Tuesday night but didn't bust it out till Thursday night. I again weighed myself this morning (I was expecting not to have lost anything since I didn't do so well with the exercise and sugar) and I had lost 1.5 pounds - go me! I estimated I should loose about a pound a week to reach my goal. Yesssssssssss.

Hopefully that numbers sets my week off right. I have started vitamins again (thanks Tarika!) and realized that I need to run right after work or else I lose motivation and things get in the way. I also declined a doughnut this morning. Yes, DECLINED. I love doughnuts but not anymore. Now I love peaches, grapes, tomatoes, apples, bananas, almonds.... you get the idea :)

Yesterday I accidently drank a Sierra Mist without realizing it. They changed the look of the can and I thought I was drinking some Asian drink. WRONG. Ha ha.

2 comments:

Tarika said...

Good Job! I am going to have to feed off of this motivation of yours. I pretty much gained everything that I have lost this summer this past weekend eating a crap ton of pasta this weekend! Keep it up and I hope that vitamins work! :)

Udygirl said...

Good work Holly! I'm so proud. :D