Friday, March 4, 2011

Rants & Raves

Let me tackle a few important issues before I get to shout-outs:



  • Rant #1 - The Bachelor. I have a love/hate relationship with this show. Some of these girls are so stupid. Some of them are actually normal and apparently that equals boring. If any of you have been watching the season, I think Shawntel was a normal girl. No drama. No baby daddy past. Not an emotional wreck. And he let her go. And you know what? I think Brad is an absolute gentleman, but dude, we hardly get to see his personality (if he has one). It's a lot of stammering and "uh"s. But this is the best thing that has ever happened to Chris Harrison!

  • Rant #2 - Contestant voted off the Biggest Loser this week: They kicked Arthur off. This is a guy who REALLY needs to be on a show like this. He set the record for the heaviest contestant ever. But there are a bunch of game players on the show. I hate game players on a TV show that is really meant to change someone's life for the better (unlike Bad Girls Club, which, sadly, I am addicted to). This is a man's life we are talking about. You basically are saying the final prize money is worth more than his life. Sad day. Poor Angela had to listen to me as I went off about this after the show ended.

  • Rant #3 - Brandon Davies getting booted from BYU basketball: Brandon Davies signed an agreement to abide by the BYU honor code. He knew what he was signing - no one forced him to sign it. A lot of people might say that BYU's honor code is archaic and so be it. Congratulations to the University for upholding its standard instead of making an acception for an athlete - I'm so tired of exceptions for athletes, whether it be high school, college and pro.

Now on to shout-outs!

  • New Baby (I can't reveal the name): You finally showed up. You are so tiny!! I love you and your one-eyed stares.
  • Powerflex teacher: You make it so tough! I love it!
  • Socks: You can double as mittens in a pinch.
  • Doughnuts from Safeway: It's so wrong but it feels so right.
  • An Idiot Abroad: You are hilarious. Thank you for showing my how other countries/cultures design toilets.... or the lack thereof.
  • Ronnie from the Jersey Shore: You cried in the bathroom and started a wonderful inside joke between Lauren, Kaleigh and myself.

No comments: