Sunday, May 31, 2009

Day One

Today was my first day of no sugar...
It wasn't too bad. There were cookies out on the counter this morning and I wanted one but I resisted. Go me! There are still some Sour Patch Jolly Rancher gummies that I got at the movie last night that I need to chuck. I don't want any temptation near me if I have anything to do about it! Rachael and I went to the H-4 dessert social tonight and they had brownies and rice krispy treats and sugar-filled juice but I had none! For breakfast I had yogurt. Then after church I had a Healthy Choice dinner. Then at 3 pm I had an orange. At 7 pm, I had chicken and tomoatoes (not my choice, I went to a goodbye dinner party) and a breadstick and then at 9 pm, I had half of a green pepper and another yogurt. I still really want one of those cookies.
From what I've heard, day two and three are the worst. Mindy said you get the "shakes"! Nuts. Tomorrow will be difficult because there is an ample candy supply at work and we have a birthday celebration. The person whose birthday it is, he's a pretty healthy person. So maybe he'll pick fruit for his treat. I can only hope.
When Rachael and I were talking about our sugar intake, I realize that there probably hasn't been a day that goes by that I haven't had some sort of processed sugar. That's scary. Sugar is like my crack. I have to go through the mental and physically withdrawls!

1 comment:

Loan Dude said...

Keep it up!! I'm sure mom has sugar-free candy. Just don't eat too much!