Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lifetime Movie Network - you know me too well

So I just started to watch a Lifetime movie that I recorded a few weeks ago... It's called "A Boyfriend for Christmas". I thought it would be a fun holiday movie. Not to mention something I can relate to :)
I start watching. In the opening scene, there is a little girl (I'm guess 10 or 12) who tells Santa she wants a boyfriend for Christmas. Guess what this little girls name is? Holly. Uh.... ok. My name isn't used hardly at all in movies. It's usually reserved for supporting actresses, extras, etc. Not main characters. I swear I've been wishing for a boyfriend for Christmas since I was like 14. In the movie, "Santa" leaves this little girl a cute poem about when the time is right - two hearts will meet - at the end of the 20th year. Meaning, this little girl will not meet her Prince Charming for another 20 years.
Then cut to modern day - it shows a backdrop of the city they live in. Guess where it is? Salt Lake City. (Yes, I do realize I live in Walnut Creek, but STILL - I lived in SLC for pretty much my whole life). I recognize this because of the massive Wells Fargo building.
And the main character is a social worker. No, I'm not a social worker but I do have my degree in social work. And I might as well be a social worker in corporate setting because those I work with need serious social help....
I turned the movie off because a) that's a little freaky and b)it's bedtime.
Is this movie trying to tell me something? That I won't get married until I'm 30?? Please say it isn't so! I'll keep you filled in if there are any other weird similarities when I watch the rest of the movie!

3 comments:

Udygirl said...

Holy cow! You need to watch the rest of that movie to see what's going to happen with the rest your life. J/K Nah.... You'll find Mr. right soon enough. You're getting closer. You could go back to online dating?

Lauren said...

Wait are you saying getting married at 30 is bad? I am in trouble then.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Lauren. Getting married in your 30's is probably the best think because then you have your own money and he has his own money and you both have your own stuff and you both have jobs and then you won't have to have your reception in the place we will never vow to have a reception in.