Friday, June 5, 2009

Day Five (And other ramblings)

Oh man... day five. Can I just say I picked a bad week to do this? We threw a surprise baby shower for a girl here at work. The food was fabulous! But then someone brought out the monster chocolate cake from Costco. This is GOOD cake. And they even brought ice cream. I think a single tear streamed down my cheek. Just kidding! But I was bummed. But during the whole lunch, I had to sit there with a container of cookies right next to my plate (it what happens when you're one of the last people to sit down). Day five was like any other day. I now feel like I can resist sugar. I don't need sugar. Maybe the stronghold sugar had on me is over!
  • Today is also national doughnut day. I remember this day last year. I was working at West Valley Auto Plaza and someone owed me a doughnut for something I had done for him a few weeks prior. Next thing I know he shows up with a glorious doughnut from Schmidts Bakery. This was the biggest doughnut I had ever seen - and it was filled with delicious Bevarian cream. I had to eat it in two shifts. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
  • My first merit review is coming up in July at Sallie Mae Bank. My boss gave me the paperwork to fill out yesterday. I must admit, I was a wee nervous about this whole process. But I'm doing better today! At least I'll get some kind of raise with it...
  • Trials are the darndest things. One thing right after another. BAM! WHACK! SUCKER PUNCH! But the few things that have happened over the last few days have made me realize some important concepts and try to correct some bad habits. Sometimes I wish the Lord would send me an email or float a note down from heaven saying "Holly, here are the few things I need you to work on... ". You know, constructive critisim. But that would be too easy. We were never told it would be easy, only that it would be worth it.

1 comment:

Loan Dude said...

Bam! Whack! Sucker Punch!. Sounds like the old-school Batman with those words coming on the screen. Very nice! At least you are developing a good habit and it should continue for awhile. Good job.